A journal following the history, design, construction and operation of Bernard Kempinski's O Scale model railroad depicting the U. S. Military Railroad (USMRR) Aquia-Falmouth line in 1863, and other model railroad projects.
©Bernard Kempinski All text and images, except as noted, on this blog are copyrighted by the author and may not be used without permission.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 22, 2016

The show must go on

Strong depot on Lou Sassi's On30 layout
The Tracks to the Triangle MER annual meet is drawing to a close. It was an extremely well run event and I had a great time. I want to thank Jack Dziadul and his crew for inviting me, and providing great support during the meet.

Lou Sassi host an open house for his beautiful On30 layout.
I got to tour four layouts, attended several clinics, and presented 3 clinics myself. I also did the key note talk at the awards banquet. Unfortunately, throughout the weekend I suffered from a severe case of Laryngitis. In spite of my sore throat and weak voice, using a microphone I was able to get through all my presentations.

I am looking forward to next year's event in Harrisburg, PA. I also learned that in 2018, the Potomac Division will be hosting the meet in the DC area. I better get cracking on getting the  Aquia Line up and running before then.



Will Allen's O scale 3-Rail harbor scene on his Duckunder Terminal Railroad

Coal mine scene on Will Allen's layout. 

We had a mini Porsche Paddock in the hotel parking lot as
Charlie, Hank and I  drove our Porsches to the event. (Hank's car is behind me and not in the photo)

1 comment:

  1. That O-Scale 3-rail scene is stellar! He really puts some effort into his modeling!

    ReplyDelete