A journal following the history, design, construction and operation of Bernard Kempinski's O Scale model railroad depicting the U. S. Military Railroad (USMRR) Aquia-Falmouth line in 1863, and other model railroad projects.
©Bernard Kempinski All text and images, except as noted, on this blog are copyrighted by the author and may not be used without permission.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 16, 2016

Bollards, Mr Rico. Zillions of them!


Reflection in the "water"
I just about done with the wharf pilings and decking. Adding the wood pilings was a bit tedious, but they look good.

Tonight I made a batch of 15 dual pole bollards to use on the dock. Once everything is dry, I'll add the lines to secure the ship to the dock.

The water surface is done. I haven't decided if I will add some waves using acrylic gloss gel.

2 comments:

  1. No waves!!!
    Waves are good in photos, but still water is better for viewing the model in person; suspension of disbelief.
    Blair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An interesting observation. I will see if I can verify it, as I have not noticed that before.

      Delete