A journal following the history, design, construction and operation of Bernard Kempinski's O Scale model railroad depicting the U. S. Military Railroad (USMRR) Aquia-Falmouth line in 1863, and other model railroad projects.
©Bernard Kempinski All text and images, except as noted, on this blog are copyrighted by the author and may not be used without permission.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 24, 2011

Strasburg O Scale Swap Meet and Railroad

I made a trip to the Strasburg O Scale Swap Meet with a bonus side visit to the Strasburg Museum last Saturday. I was on my way to Lebanon, PA to pick up my mom, so I didn't have a lot of time. I got to the swap meet just before it closed down and most of the folks had already struck their tables. A few vendors were still open for business.

Precision Scale 33 inch wheel set
I bought some Precision Scale 33 inch wheel sets from a vendor that had a good selection of detail parts (sorry can't remember his name).  The Precision Scale wheel sets are standard O Scale (i.e. 5 ft gauge) but have very short needle points on the ends of the axles. They should work well with my narrow truck design.

National B-1 truck from Rich Yoder Models





I also picked up a P48 National B-1 Truck from Rich Yoder. I really have no need for it, but it was such a detailed model, I felt that I might learn a bit about how it was made and operates.  The photo doesn't show the impressive brake rigging detail.






On my way out, I stopped at the Strasburg Railroad and Museum. I did not go in the museum as I didn't have time, but I did get to see the tourist train arrive from one of its trips. The video below shows the train arriving and doing a run-around.

No comments:

Post a Comment