A journal following the history, design, construction and operation of Bernard Kempinski's O Scale model railroad depicting the U. S. Military Railroad (USMRR) Aquia-Falmouth line in 1863, and other model railroad projects.
©Bernard Kempinski All text and images, except as noted, on this blog are copyrighted by the author and may not be used without permission.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 25, 2010

Public Presentation on ACW Model Railorads

I did my talk tonight entitled, "An Introduction to Modeling the Railroads of the Civil War." I've done a lot of talks over the years and I think I would say this one went off very well. I wore my BG Uniform which set the stage quite well. The talk was supposed to go 45 minutes, but with questions it lasted 1 and half hours. Many of the attendees commented that they were not initially interested in the subject, but found the discussion quite absorbing. It managed to suck them in.

A woman in the audience came up to me after the talk and commented on how handsome I looked in my uniform. Heck, maybe I should wear it all the time, but don't tell Alicia. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment