A journal following the history, design, construction and operation of Bernard Kempinski's O Scale model railroad depicting the U. S. Military Railroad (USMRR) Aquia-Falmouth line in 1863, and other model railroad projects.
©Bernard Kempinski All text and images, except as noted, on this blog are copyrighted by the author and may not be used without permission.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 11, 2010

First Run over Potomac Creek Bridge

The bridge at Potomac Creek is finally done. I got it installed and tested over the snowy weekend. The scenery is not complete, but the bridge construction is. Here is a short video showing the first runs across it.

Although I made good progress on the bridge, I did encounter a problem with the roadbed just to the east of the bridge. The roadbed warped laterally and was causing derailments. I could not get it level, so I had to rip out a section and must do it over. You can see the construction in the last clip in the video in the distance. Oh well, two steps forward, one step back.



6 comments:

  1. Sweet, Bernie! Looks like a million bucks.

    I noticed a couple of new locos available from SMR Trains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you referring to the McCallum and Pocahontas? I ordered a McCallum as it is a USMRR engine, though I think it served out west.

    Pretty soon I will be flush with engines and won't need anymore. Though i kinda would like to try building my own at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work Bernie!!

    I hope that you have a lookout boy posted on the bridge in case the Rebels are fixing for some trouble ....

    SJC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done Bernie! Looking forward to more video of this - and maybe an open house one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liked the clip so much; I recut a version of it with revised sountrack from an old Civil War movie.

    I see you've posted longer version on YouTube with
    Civil War images of the bridge. Very Nice.

    Mac.

    ReplyDelete